With heightened interest in diet and health, driven in part by the obesity epidemic, there are many issues and questions surrounding nutrition for the food industry, and for consumers.
The federal regulations have far-reaching impact beyond food product development – they guide marketing efforts and health education campaigns. Overall goals include healthier options and better understanding of food labels – for everyone! This webcast will focus on the trickle-down effect of some hot topic food/nutrition regulations right now!
Webcast attendees will gain a better understanding of the following:
– Federal nutrition guidelines as a basis for rule making
– How nutrition policy and scientific research impact food trends
– Best practice – applying nutrition policy to new product development
Join Nerac analyst and registered dietitian Sarah Williams in this free, interactive webinar providing an overview of how federal nutrition policy can provide valuable insight for developing relevant products. Learn how the Dietary Guidelines for Americans affect USDA and FDA rulemaking, and follow the example of “added sugars” to see the impact on product development.
- Interesting Article by Harvard Business Review: "Why the Greek Yogurt Craze Should Be a Wake-Up Call..."58Comments from Nerac Analyst, Sarah Williams: This article on the Greek yogurt craze showcases why out-of-the box thinking may be the ticket to success in the food industry, based on what consumers value and what is trending in terms of health-related demand. Monitoring emerging scientific research and its propagation in the media can provide key insight into which…
- 55By Stephen E. Buxser, Ph.D., Nerac Analyst, Originally Published: October 31st, 2014 Which is better, sugar or artificial sweetener? Or put another way… “regular” or “diet”? The use of the word “diet” to describe a product containing non-nutritive (non-caloric) sweetener carries a weighty assumption that has been called into question by both epidemiological human studies and…
- 54The early stages of innovation and new product development are critical....find out why. Have a question for Kevin? Let us know!