By Dr. Ripi Singh, Chief Innovation Officer, Inspiring Next, Nerac Partner
Originally published February 15, 2019
“Industry 4.0” is a short name for the fourth industrial revolution, wherein connected cyber-physical systems, automation, robotics, big data, additive manufacturing, cloud computing, virtual reality, and a few other technology disruptions are collectively changing every aspect of our business. This started in Germany in 2008-2012 time frame. During 2014-2016 Japan responded with “Society 5.0” defined as human-centered society that balances economic advancement with the resolution of social problems by a system that highly integrates cyberspace and physical space. At the core of it, we see it as a much broader confluence of cyber-physical-biological-emotional-fiscal technologies.
All of this puts us in the middle of next revolution – a most exciting time of our life, creating anxiety and inspiration at the same time. Just like with any previous revolution, we have three choices.
1. We embrace it, lead it, and harness the new growth opportunities through innovation.
2. We watch it, follow it, and continuously adapt to survive through risk mitigation.
3. We ignore it, pray for forgiveness, and plan to close the business.
Nerac and Inspiring Next are partners in helping their clients embrace it, through a series of steps from Customer Insight to a Trendsetting Vision. Along with these tangible returns, they also focus on fine-tuning the leadership mindset, by questioning the assumptions that limit the effectiveness of traditional strategic planning and management consultants.
One such example of work with the American Society of Non-Destructive Testing has recently been published in Materials Evaluation, Volume 77, No.1, pp 45-50, January 2019. If you wish to receive a .pdf copy of the article titled “NDE 4.0 – The Next Revolution in Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation: What and How?”, by Ripi Singh, please send a request here.
- 69By Ripi Singh, Inspiring Next Originally published December 10, 2020 The Nerac/Inspiring Next Purposeful Innovation workshop series is designed to bring innovation to your organization. It enables leaders to see farther with a purpose. It empowers change agents to be effective through proven tricks. It provides innovators with tools to ideate and manage risk and…
- 58By Dr. Ripi Singh, Chief Innovation Officer, Inspiring Next Originally Published: July 10, 2017 Inspiring and enabling innovation -- where do YOU stand today? Learn more about this proven innovation approach!
- 48By Ripi Singh, President & Founder, +4π LLC, Nerac Strategic Partner Originally Published: May 17, 2016 A question frequently asked by executives is “How can I build and sustain a culture that helps capture market share, reduce development risk and cost, and make our enterprise profitable, a culture that continuously stimulates growth?” If you feel…