Taps globally recognized innovation leader, Tim Maurer as Practice Lead
March 6, 2019, Tolland, CT. Nerac is pleased to announce the launch of its new Innovation Insights and Consulting Practice, to provide a broader array of deep innovation insights and contributions across the entire innovation continuum. Nerac has engaged globally recognized innovation leader Tim Maurer to lead this practice and support clients in pursuing proven, deep innovation. Click here to learn more.
Top corporations are comprised of brilliant strategists, tech gurus, scientists and innovators. Most have built tremendously powerful businesses, respected brands and wonderful products through innovation. They have solid innovation processes and considerable access to research.
Yet consider the details: According to SAP and KPMG in survey data released last year, “70% to 80% of CEOs believe that the next three years are more critical for their company than the last fifty. And there is good reason to worry, as 75% of S&P 500 companies from 2012 will be replaced by 2027 at the current disruption rate.” Further, 47% of CSOs expect their industry to be significantly disrupted in the next five years; 65% of executives don’t feel confident in their strategies; and 84% of digital transformation fails.
And all these frustrations are amid the extreme pressures CEOs face to deliver short-term results.
• Perhaps it’s time to engage in a far more collaborative, insights-driven and systemic approach to innovation – with an array of innovation support that’s far broader than current-state design thinking.
• Perhaps what’s needed is to address the oft-cited straightjacket of being too devoted to what’s worked and to reexamine IP landscapes, convergences, ICT developments, new materials and sciences, socio-economic trends, global developments, and who’s funding what to see what’s coming down the pike.
• Perhaps businesses need to explore the call by the Business Roundtable for deeper innovation. Or the pursuit of the UN Sustainable Development Goals which offer tremendous growth opportunities, some already pre-scoped with recommended strategies outlined by the Business & Sustainable Development Commission.
Nerac’s Innovation Insights and Consulting Practice headed by Tim Maurer, is positioned to help businesses contend with these new pressures and opportunities across the entire innovation continuum. Tim’s personal background with deep innovation and UN SDGs (click here to read more), paired with Nerac’s long and successful history working with the 25% of companies who do succeed, is ideally positioned to help executive teams identify new and potentially disruptive technologies and market developments, and to identify and execute the best approaches to turn these situations into opportunities.
The end result: a deeper, more collaborative and technology-enabled approach to innovation to contend with today’s pressures which delivers a solid plan to protect and accelerate innovation through ongoing IP, technology and market assessment, competitive intelligence monitoring and execution support.
About Nerac’s Innovation Insights and Consulting Practice
Long before there was “Hey Siri…” or “Hey Alexa…” there was “Hey Nerac…” — and there still is. There’s “Nerac Inside” of so many innovations across many industries. Nerac also helps companies identify market adjacencies and sales targets. Nerac is ready to help companies contend with today’s challenges, pressures and opportunities.
Originally established to help NASA commercialize the Apollo’s program’s IP and IT, Nerac’s been providing deep, evidence-based innovation insights to top companies for over 50 years. Today, we help companies migrate through all the noise out there, discern key signals and rapidly realize revenue. We provide insights and consultation on materials, IT, sciences, engineering, prototyping and more. We help find the best partners for strategic collaboration, exploration, development, sales and scale.
To learn more, please contact Tim Maurer at tmaurer @nerac.com, or 1.860.872.7000 ext. 1220.
Nerac Inc. is a global research and advisory firm for companies developing innovative products and technologies. Nerac provides expert insights that equip clients with the knowledge to develop or refine a technology, explore market growth opportunities, evaluate intellectual property strategies and respond to regulatory changes. Nerac serves approximately 5,000 users worldwide and delivers over 12,000 research projects and custom alerts each year. Nerac has a long, successful consulting history in a wide-range of industries with significant expertise and extensive data resources supporting client requests in the areas of technology scouting, IP, medical device, engineering, chemistry and advanced materials.
- 81Nerac is pleased to announce that Robert M. Beinstein, P.E., ENV SP, has joined our Innovation Insights and Consulting Practice as Director, Sustainability Innovation. Read the full announcement here.
- 74By Robert Beinstein, P.E., ENV SP, Director Sustainability InnovationOriginally published October 1, 2019 How might serendipity drive progress on some of the globe’s most intractable problems? Can chance, informed by sagacity, combine with deep innovation and cross-sector systems approaches to create as yet unknown opportunities for large corporations? Can these companies leverage that combination to…
- Can Capitalism Thrive While It Saves Humanity? Finding the Economic Prize in the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals67By Robert Beinstein, P.E., ENV SP, Director Sustainability InnovationOriginally published October 1, 2019 In an emerging future world with competing interests and at times conflicting choices, choosing a path forward is challenging at best. Climate change is obviously a real threat, but so is scarcity of water supply, and threats to biodiversity and economic well-being…