Elasticsearch is used by many large organizations such as Microsoft, ebay, Dell, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Goldman Sachs, Cigna, University of Washington, Facebook, Netflix, CERN, Uber and The New York Times, just to name a few. Nerac joins these innovative companies in embracing Elasticsearch as the next generation of search.
This is the first new research platform improvement we have undertaken since introducing MarkLogic over a decade ago, allowing us to seamlessly bridge our legacy platform to one that combines the best of both worlds. Enhancements in the initial release include:
• Search strategies constructed using Boolean instead of True/False logic
• Ability to search full text documents in alerts
• Date range searching capability
• Scalable, distributed, modern solution
• Ability to support increased customized delivery dates
• Greatly improved handling of word stemming, pluralization, phrase searching and
punctuation in searching
These enhancements will provide many benefits to clients including faster turn-around time, greater accuracy in searching and Boolean logic which means your queries will be much easier to understand. All of which will improve our ability to respond quickly, thoroughly and accurately to your research requests.
In addition, future enhancement plans include:
• Alerts will be delivered in more formats than previously. Currently, the only formats available are HTML or plain text. We are planning to add PDF, Comma Delimited, XML, and possibly RSS.
• Alert delivery intervals will have more flexibility. Currently, we offer immediate delivery and weekly delivery on Saturday. The client will be able to pick the delivery day that is best for them for their weekly deliveries. In addition, a monthly and quarterly delivery interval will be offered.
• Statistics will be tied directly to the actual issue and date of the database processed instead of the “hit trend” we now offer, which can’t be tied to a particular date or database issue.
• The client will be able to see a strategy change history (the ability to view changes to the strategy over time).
• If a client receives their strategy in their alert results, it should be easily understandable versus the current true/false logic used on the legacy alert system.
• Patent numbers will be in their original format, allowing easier sourcing of the original patent from other patent image sources.