Please join me in welcoming Innovation Quest winners and CCEI Summer Fellowship participants Daniel Yasoshima and Thomas Cotton, two recent Biomedical Engineering graduates (MS 2018). Dan and Tom have launched YouCOMM LLC, a healthcare IT startup that has created a personalized patient care communication device. Their goal is to enhance the way patients and caregivers communicate, as well as address many well documented and largely unmet issues with current healthcare communication systems. With their solution:
• Patients will be able to communicate in a hands-free manner
• Nurses will be able to provide more efficient care due to need based prioritization
• Administrations will obtain favorable reimbursement rates from increased patient satisfaction scores
The current standard of care for patient-caregiver communication in the majority of healthcare facilities is through some variation of a call bell system, which evidently are incredibly inefficient.
1. Call bell systems can be out of reach for certain patient populations (patients with motor impairments, multiple IV lines)
2. Call bell systems demonstrate either an extremely limited or entirely nonexistent ability to allow for prioritization of patient needs
Their system enables patients to select from a variety of preset needs and customize their own message to be sent instantaneously to a caregiver. The caregiver is then given the ability to respond back to the patient. They are the only patient communication system in the market to offer voice recognition alongside a head gesture interface in support of patients with hindered movements. This interface allows patients to either speak with the system and dictate their message by voice, or control the mouse of the tablet platform and make selections of categorizable options using nothing more than simple head movements.
Dan & Tom are seeking help and feedback from the XcellR8 group on:
• Business Model and Go-To-Market Strategy
• Revamp of pitch presentation
We hope you can join us!
- 83XcellR8 welcomes Ripi Singh of +4p llc Read the full release here.
- 70XcellR8 welcomes multi-disciplinary student teams advancing healthcare innovations via collaborative independent study programs Read the full release here.
- 69XcellR8 welcomes Haralambos Efthymiou and Heliablu Jewelry LLC Read the full release here.