Please welcome Alex Ciccio, a recent graduate of UCONN School of Business (2018) and the CCEI Summer Fellowship program. During the Summer Fellowship, classmates Alex, Vincent and Andrew launched an ESV – Snipit. “Snipit” is a mobile media application that helps:
• Music composers gain exposure and connect with supportive listeners.
• Music consumers save time discovering new songs and artists, based on their personal interest.
The underlying logic is based on match making across digital music characteristics from 15-30 second song snippets to the consumer taste in music. The team has identified two major pain points that they hope to solve with Snipit:
1. Current processes for discovering new music are time consuming and inefficient.
2. Rising musicians struggle to promote their music and connect with listeners.
Snipit allows music consumers to quickly listen to previews of relevant songs, and then decide whether to share the snipit or listen/add the full version to their current music streaming service such as Spotify or Soundcloud. Music artists can upload their own personally selected 15-30 seconds of their songs and pay for increased exposure to users across the application.
The potential revenue model includes monthly subscriptions from individual artists seeking exposure, music companies wanting to promote, per song transaction fees, and advertising.
Alex and Team is seeking help and feedback from the XcellR8 group on:
• Next steps in customer discovery, market validation, and funding
• Business Model and Go-To-Market Strategy
He will use the session input to develop a targeted marketing campaign, and technology refinements designed to excite market engagement.
We look forward to your participation. Thank you for your support of our community of entrepreneurs!
- 65XcellR8 welcomes multi-disciplinary student teams advancing healthcare innovations via collaborative independent study programs Read the full release here.
- 44Forum has evolved for entrepreneurs to pitch ideas, concepts and challenges. Read the full release here.
- 36XcellR8 welcomes the student team behind DropBoard Read the full release here.